HABITAT MANAGEMENT AND PASSIVE RELOCATIONBurrowing owl
Two Dot Consulting, LLC supports energy development in WY, CO, NE, UT, KS, NM, and TX.
A Successful Approach to Relocating Burrowing Owls in Colorado
- Development waits until after November 1st or until it can be confirmed that the owls have left the PDOG town.
- Locate, mark, and monitor active owl burrows – No activity within 150-300 feet.
- Relocate owls to artificial burrows outside the restricted area and continue development.
Next Steps – Survey & Location
- All activities will cease if eggs or
young are found in burrows.
- No physical contact or possession of
adults, young, or eggs will occur.
- All structures will be immediately
removed if any owls become.
entangled or otherwise harmed in
any of the structures.
- Verify no eggs or owlets present
- Construct artificial burrows
- Set passive displacement traps in
- Monitor artificial burrows
- Submit report/documentation to